This is my first post of 2019. And it’s almost March! I wasn’t able to post until now because I’ve been writing up my masters thesis. It has probably been the most difficult / most annoying thing I’ve had to do in my life. Thankfully, I have handed in the first draft! It’s due early May, which is only two months away, so the end is in sight!
Recently, Ellyn at allonsythornraxx tagged me to do her original tag, ‘The Behind the Blogger Tag’. I thought it would be a good post to start my 2019 blog year as everyone has probably forgotten about me! Thank you Ellyn for not forgetting about me – she is one of my favourite people in the blogosphere, so check out her blog.
1. WHY DID YOU START BLOGGING & WHY HAVE YOU KEPT BLOGGING?
I started blogging mid-2016. There were several reasons why I started blogging: 1. I wanted a creative outlet; 2. I wanted to improve my writing skills, as my degree revolved around writing; and 3. I had just gotten into reading and really wanted to immerse myself into the book blogging world.
I haven’t actually kept blogging very well at all this past year! Believe it or not, in 2017 I probably posted about 3 times per week. So I have kept blogging (albeit minimally) because I worked really hard on it two years ago, and don’t want it to go to waste.
2. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE TYPE OF BLOG POST TO WRITE?
I like writing all blog posts except for book reviews. Sometimes, though, they are fun if I had really strong opinions about the book. Lately, I’ve been enjoying writing posts about my bullet journal. I was going to post once per month on my bullet journal spreads but I always forget to take the photos before writing on them, and then I don’t see the point. But there’s always March!
3. WHAT ARE YOUR TOP 3 FAVOURITE BLOG POSTS?
4. WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS TO DO TO RELAX?
Watching ASMR is seriously so relaxing! I watch it most days for at least 20 minutes. Sometimes I read at the same time or sometimes I will listen to it to write or do uni work. A few of my favourite channels are Gibi ASMR, Fast ASMR and PJ Dreams.
5. WHAT ARE 3 OF YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS?
My dog (Nelly), writing and eating (I love food OK).
6. WHAT ARE YOUR PROUDEST BLOGGING MOMENTS?
Designing my blog to something I don’t hate looking at it! Seriously, it’s so hard!
7. WHAT ARE YOUR HOBBIES OUTSIDE OF BLOGGING?
- Writing – I really enjoy writing. At the moment I have been writing a few hours per day, except recently when I had to hand in the first draft of my thesis. I’m also part of a writing group, which is fun.
- Watching YouTube / TV – Honestly, this takes up about 50% of my life.
- Exercising / walking my dog – Not much of an enjoyable hobby, but it’s got to be done!
- Reading – Need I say more? However, I’ve been awful at it this year.
- Bullet journalling – Literally the biggest joy in my life! Making a new spread each month is how I stay sane in this terrible world.
8. DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY IN 3 WORDS
Sarcastic, chill and awkward.
9. WHAT ARE YOUR TOP 3 PET PEEVES
- When cars tailgate you when you are going the speed limit.
- When people argue with others by using aggression to scare the other with the sane argument.
- On the same kind of page, when people are rude/mean to you without having a normal conversation with you. Say you’re working and you make an error, it really annoys me when the other person ridicules you first without just simply saying, ‘Oh, now, can you tell me why this happened etc.’ Because, nine times out of ten, it’s not even your fault – like it could be anyone’s error.
10. WHAT’S SOMETHING YOUR FOLLOWERS DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU?
Well, there’s many things my followers don’t know about me! They probably wouldn’t know that…I went to an all-girls catholic high school?? That is the only thing I can think of that I actually want to share 😉
Thank you for reading! I haven’t interacted with anyone on here in like six months, so I don’t really have anyone to tag! But please feel free to consider yourself tagged if you want to be.