I have already received this award once before, but a few people have tagged me to do it, and I like answering questions, so I thought I would do it again! Fandomly Bookish, Dawlyn and Krista @Little Blind Book Finds, Sydney @Fire and Rain Books, Brookie @Brookie Cowles and Steph @Lost: Purple Quill recently (okay, not recently) nominated me to receive the Unique Blogger Award. Thank you all for thinking of me!
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you.
- Answer the questions.
- In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 people for the same award.
- Ask them 3 questions.
Dawlyn and Krista’s Questions
1. What inspired you to start your blog?
I was inspired to start my blog from my university tutors telling everyone to start blogging.
2. What advice do you have for new bloggers?
Don’t feel intimidated by the bigger blogs and connect with anyone that you want to.
3. Name a book that you’ve read or want to read that you heard about from the blogosphere?
I’m currently reading Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. I heard about this somehow from the blogosphere, maybe it was from Instagram! I’m not sure who I heard it from first.
Fandomly Bookish’s Questions
1. What are the most played songs on your music player? Just name at least five.
I’m really lame when it comes to music. I usually just play the same songs over and over again. I have no idea how to find out my most played songs, so I’m just going to guess.
- “Undisclosed Desires” by Muse
- “Red” by Taylor Swift
- “Viva la Vida” by Colplay
- “Tunnel Vision” by Justin Timberlake
- “Hung Up” by Madonna
2. What book made you cry the hardest and gave you an epic book hangover?
The book that made me cry the hardest was The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
3. If you could trade places/worlds with any fictional character, who would you pick and why?
I would like to trade places with Cinderella because she is both a princess and is currently “living happily ever after”.
1. Pair a book with a comforting drink. What pair did you come up with?
The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks with a chai latte.
2. You’re writing in a notebook, journal, etc. Do you use a pencil? Pen (which color)? Marker (which kind/color)?
I’ve started using fine liners as a pen and I don’t know if it’s really all that practical. So it would be a black fine liner. The marker colour would be pink.
3. Holidays are approaching. What is the book at the top of your list to give everyone this year?
Ooops, the holidays are long gone. If I could give anyone a book, it would be Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sanez.
1. If you were a color, what color would you be and why?
I would be blue because I really like that colour. I also like pink, but pink could be a little bit too much for me and blue is very calming and neutral.
2. If you could choose a book/series to be turned into a TV show/movie, what would you choose and why?
I would love it if Behind Closed Doors by B. A. Paris turned into a movie. It was supposed to, but I don’t know if it will ever happen!
3. If you listen to music while blogging/writing/working, what are the five best songs on your playlist?
This question is just like the other music question I answered! I guess I’ll have to think of other songs this time. I definitely do not listen to music while I write, but I am right now as I’m blogging. I listen to the radio because it so much more convenient than creating a playlist.
- “Music Sounds Better with You” by Stardust
- “West End Girls” by Pet Shop Boys
- “The Rhythm of the Night” by Corona
- “Everything She Wants” by Wham!
Okay I kind of stole this playlist, if anyone gets it, let me know.
1. What is the lock screen and home screen on your phone? (I’m just curious)
2. What’s something you were really into/obsessed with when you were a kid?
I can easily think of things I was obsessed with when I was a teenager, but for some reason I am really struggling to think of what I liked as a kid. Did I even have a hobby? I don’t even know. Okay, I have thought of something. I really liked an Australian soap opera called Neighbours. It was on from 6:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. on weekdays and I would always watch it. One birthday my mum even got me tickets to go on a tour to where it was shot.
3. What was the best birthday you’ve had?
I don’t have good birthday luck, but I would say my 15th birthday.
Feel free to accept this award if you want to, but no pressure if you don’t!
- What is your favourite hobby other than reading?
- What is your fashion style like?
- Describe your perfect day.