About a week ago Sophie @Blame Chocolate tagged me to do the Ringing in the New Year Book Tag! Thank you for tagging me, Sophie. If you didn’t know already, Sophie is lovely. This tag involves answering bookish questions about 2017 and the near year. It has already been a few weeks into 2018, but I thought it would still be okay to do this tag!
- Link to the person who tagged you
- Link to the creator of the tag (Bookmark Chronicles)
- Share the tag image
- Answer the questions below
- Tag friends (or not if you don’t feel like it)
Best book and/or series that you’ve read in 2017
My favourite book was The Hating Game by Sally Thorne. It was a book that I flew through very quickly, and really enjoyed.
Authors that you’ve recently found and would like to read more of in the new year
These are the authors that I would love to read more of in 2018:
- Sally Thorne (The Hating Game)
- Jandy Nelson (I’ll Give You the Sun)
- Becky Albertalli (Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda)
- Morgan Matson (Since You’ve Been Gone)
- Melissa Brayden (Strawberry Summer)
Most anticipated book turned movie/tv show?
I am seeing Love, Simon on Wednesday!!! I’m really excited!
Name a character that you wouldn’t mind sharing a kiss with at midnight (if there is one)
*Sweats nervously* Um shut up.
What’s on you TBR for 2018? (Top 5-10 will suffice if it’s an extremely long list!)
Oh, so many. These are the ones that I own and need to read:
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe Benjamin Alire Saenz
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
- Renegades by Marissa Meyer
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- A Short History of the Girl Next Door by Jared Reck
- Girl In Between by Anna Daniels
- See Me by Nicholas Sparks
How many books do you hope to read in 2018?
I’ve set a goal of 60 books. In 2017, I read 54 books, so it’s not far from that. I think it still may be a challenge because that is five books a month and I usually read four!
Will you participate in the Goodreads Reading Challenge or any others (PopSugar, Down the TBR Hole, etc.)
I am doing the goodreads challenge, which is 60 books, of course. I am also doing the PopSugar challenge.
Any New Year’s Resolutions? (Bookish, blogging (or vlogging), and otherwise)
Yes, I have a few resolutions. I have written them down in my bullet journal. I wasn’t going to put them here, but I just re-read them and thought they actually weren’t that embarrassing. So here they are:
I definitely think that some of them will be a challenge. For instance, it will probably be difficult to get 2,000 followers. It’s not impossible though.
I’m not tagging anyone today because it’s quite far into the new year already! But if you’re interested, then feel free to join in on the tag.