Emma @The YA Hunt recently nominated me for The Mystery Blogger Award! Thank you so much for nominating me, everyone should definitely check out her blog! I have not been nominated for this award before, so I am excited to answer the questions.
About the Award
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
This award was created by Okoto Engima.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog!
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate
- Notify each of your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share your link to your best post(s)
Facts About Me
The course that I am studying is a Bachelor of Arts (Professional Writing and Editing), and I am currently in my third year! I will graduate in December, but I would like to do a post-graduate course, like honours or masters.
I have been playing Netball since I was around eight-years-old. There have been a few years since that I haven’t played, and I have been a part of around 5-6 different teams in total. It is a common sport in Australia (if you haven’t heard of it) and it is kind of like Basketball, but you cannot run or step with the ball. This photo is not a good representation of the games that I play in. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone jump for the ball like that before they have even thrown it!
I live with my brother and mum in the suburbs of Melbourne! I am twenty-years-old and my brother is eighteen-years-old. We have a dog too, his name is Ned. Here’s a pic!
1. What quote has changed your life (name the book it’s from!)?
I don’t really notice quotes very often, and they rarely stick with me. I resonate more with musical lyrics, because they are easier to remember. But…I should probably try to think of something! I haven’t read P.S. I love You, but this quote is really inspirational:
‘Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.’ P.S. I Love You
2. What’s the best book you have ever read?
This answer changes every year, but right now it is It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover. I read it last year and really enjoyed it!
3. Favourite character from a book/movie/anything?
I like that you included ‘anything’. My favourite character in a television show is Leslie Knope from Parks and Recreation. It is my all-time favourite show. She is kind, funny, and extremely likeable. I also love the comedienne Amy Poehler!
4. Do you buy books knowing you’re never going to read them?
Sometimes! Never if they cost more than $10, because I don’t want to waste my money. Like I really wanted Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, but I knew I wouldn’t want to read it. It seemed like a waste of money if I wasn’t going to read it. I do have about two books I bought from an op shop that I do not think I’ll be reading for a while, which are The Book Thief and About a Boy. They only cost around $4.
5. What song is stuck in your head right now? (Link it if you can!)
As I am writing this, the song Waves by Dean Lewis is stuck in my head. Apparently everyone is listening to it because it was in an episode of Riverdale, but I kind of stopped watching that show. Anyway, listen to this song, it’s really good!
Hope you enjoy writing this award post, but I won’t mind if this kind of post isn’t your thing! Also sorry if you have already done it.
- What is a book you love that isn’t your favourite book?
- What is your favourite food and how often do you eat it?
- What is/was your favourite subject at school/university?
- How many books are in your bookcase?
- What is an over-hyped book that you cannot stand?
Thanks for reading,