Thank you Jess @Beaucoupbooks for nominating me! She is a wonderful fellow book blogger. It is also the first time I have been tagged in anything and I am so excited.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
Story About How I Started My Blog
One of the first subjects I did at university was called ‘Digital Literacies’ and we had to create a blog. I decided to create a blog about desserts (which is awkward because I am a vegan now). I really enjoyed it but do not like cooking as much as I like reading, so a year and a half later I finally made this website! About two months beforehand I found the BookTube community and loved watching their videos. They inspired me to start reading more consistently, which I have been trying to do since June of 2016. A piece of advice that I was given at university was to have a blog, so I finally listened.
Two Pieces of Advice
1. As a piece of book reviewing advice, I would say to review the book in any way that you like. You don’t have to use a rating system if you don’t want to. If there is anything that you find offensive in the book, then point out the reasons why so authors will not do so in the future. However, always keep the feedback written in a constructive way, and try not to sound too harsh. I always find this difficult if I really hate the book!
2. Do any kind of posts that you enjoy writing. I am mainly a book blog, but will sometimes do posts that are unrelated to books. It is okay to do this, as it is your blog and you can do whatever you want with it! If you start getting bored with your posts, then start introducing different posts. For example, I literally only did reviews for the first few months of blogging, then found the Top 5 Wednesday meme and started getting into blogging so much more because of it.
- Ardent Attachments
- Bookish Luna
- Books, Cups and Candles
- Inked Epiphanies
- Tiffany Renee Harmon
- Novels & Tea
- That Wild Soul
- Birdie Bookworm
- A Teenager’s Blog
If you feel like doing the post then feel free to do so, but you do not need to feel obliged of course 🙂